Kitew's CS Server Admin Application

Country/Region: Ontario, Canada (NA East)
Steam Name: Kitew
SteamRep Link: https://steamrep.com/search?q=pokekite
Discord: Kitew#3259
Do you have a microphone?: Yes.
Do you speak English?: Yes, as well as fluent spanish.

Why do you play on Spectre server over others?:

I have played on various different retake servers, but I like your ranking system the best. Honestly, part of it is because I like Spectre’s logo the best, both logo’s actually; the one you have now and the one prior to the revamp you guys undertook.

How long have you been playing Spectre?:

I couldn’t give you an accurate answer, but I estimate somewhere around one year. Probably longer, but I can’t remember when I started playing.

Which game mode do you play the most?: Retakes, rarely executes.

Have you ever been an admin for any other community? If yes, where?:

I have several years and then some of administrator / moderator experience on Minecraft servers from when I played when I was younger. Some were just friends granting me privileges for the heck of it, but I have moderated on several well known servers where I legitimately enforced server rules and guidelines and interacted with the community.

How do you think you could help Spectre as an admin?:

I bring years of valuable moderation experience and I like to think that I bring a positive attitude with myself when I join the server. With administrative permissions it would only further allow me to create and maintain that positive atmosphere by banning cheaters, muting “misbehaving” players, etc.

Part of that would come with the thousands of hours I have in CS:GO and my ability to accurately access whether a player is cheating; I know not to ban on impulse.

Also, before I took a break from CS:GO, I was very active on the server and had most of the administrative staff on my friend’s list - not that it matters. Should add some credibility to my application though!

I am very active on CS:GO and spend most of my time on retake servers in the first place.

Are you in our Steam group?: Yes.

Are you in our Discord server?: Yes.

What is something you believe Spectre could improve on the most? Do you think you would be essential in doing that?:

I have to say, I really do adore your ranking system, but I feel like it could do with reevaluating how many points higher-ranked players lose from lower-ranked players. Now, this is not me complaining because I want to be able to maintain a high rank, as I am currently ranked ninth (9th) on your retake servers, I just feel that a rank 5 player should not lose 15 points to a rank 9000 player. Because if you are a rank 5 player with a server filled with newly joined rank 9000’s, you are bound to lose more points than you gain, unless you get 30 kills and 1 death.

I could be viewing this incorrectly, but that’s just a thought I was having. I still enjoy the ranking system, regardless! Also, I might not be essential per say, but it never hurts to get community feedback and I have been apart of this community for longer than most.

Anyway, I appreciate your taking your time to review my application, and thank you for the opportunity to join the staff team!

Accepted. I will message you on discord with more information.

1 Like
closed #3